Get Your LiLash!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jack Sparrow Dreads for Halloween

jack sparrow dreads
Hi,

Hi Chris!

I came across your site while searching for kanekalon dreads to improve my Jack Sparrow costume for Halloween. Last year I bought one of those rasta hats from a costume store, cut off the dreads and sewed them onto a bandana for the costume, but the dreads ended up looking really cheap and fell apart very easily. So this year I'm looking for some higher quality dreads, and I was told to search for kanekalon, would you be able to help?

Sure, we can definitely help! In fact, we get many orders for Jack Sparrow dreads. I've never worn any dreads other than our own and ours only seem to get stronger and tighter over time, but I often hear stories of dreads that fall apart. I believe those dreads are made from a machine or not properly made by people. They fall apart because they aren't put together very well in the first place. Machines, apparently, can't backcomb, twist and tighten like humans which makes the dreads looser and more likely to fall apart.

My guess is that if you buy our dreads you'll never need to buy another set of dreads for this purpose again, unless you so choose. Our kanekalon dreadlocks will last you a very long time... most likely forever. This means you'll be able to wear them for as many Halloweens as you like! :-)

Basically I'm looking to buy around 20-30 extra thick, black/dark brown colored dreads that I can wear along with my real hair. I only had 12 or so last year and it was definitely not enough to cover all the way around my head and get a good "Jack Sparrow" look. Sorry I'm a complete newbie when it comes to dreads so I'm not even sure what to ask for as far as single/double ended or how to attach them. I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. How much would all of that cost and would it be possible to get them in time for Halloween?

We can do that! No problem! I'll send two invoices - one for 20 dreads and the other for 30 dreads.

I'd suggest single-ended dreads. It sounds like you take them out after 'costume parties'. Single-ended dreadlocks come with a loop at one end. Take a bobbie pin and simply attach the dread with the bobby pin into your hair. This way, at the end of the night you can simply take them out. No one will be able to see the bobby pins as long as you tuck the it under the nearby hair. I've done this myself and it worked fine!

Yes, we could get them to you in time for Halloween as long as the order is made very soon and no additional orders come in before yours. We are working on several orders right now and create dreads on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, time would be of the essence.

Thanks for your time.

-Chris

My pleasure!

Best,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment