Get Your LiLash!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Adding Synthetic Dreadlocks to Real Ones

dreadlock extensionsHi,
Hi Tevyn!

I already have existing dreadlocks in, but I would like them to be fuller and longer. I was wondering if your extensions can be put into already existing dreads or strictly hair that is not dreaded?
Over the years, we have had several people purchase our dreadlocks to add to their own existing, natural dreadlocks. I know it has been done and can be done. We've had great feedback on it!


Would the single-ended or double-ended dreadlocks work best?
I think this would be personal preference. The dreads could be attached with thread, sewn in or a rubber band could be used. Any of these ways of attaching dreadlocks would work with both the single and double ended dreads.

I also am curious when my hair does grow out, is it possible to take out the extensions and reapply them at the root?
Absolutely! I need to reattach my dreads every 4 weeks and my daughter reattaches her about every 6 weeks. I have thinner hair so the dreads pull sooner on mine than on hers.

Thank you for your time.

You're Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment