Get Your LiLash!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Crocheting Dreads vs A More Natural Approach

Crocheting Dreads into hairHey, I was going to order your synthetic dreads.. and extend them onto my existing dreads using a crochet hook. I have about 30 fat & skinny dreads in my hair and theyre all about 2 weeks old. I dont like how short they are. I wanted to know if you have any advice on how I go about doing this? thank you!

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for contacting us! Why not just allow your dreads to be as they are. Buy synthetic dreads and attach them at the root next to your real dreads. This will allow your real dreads to go without harming the ends or look of them while also allowing you additional length with the synthetic dreads.

We've made dreads for several people with short dreads who have supplemented the length with our dreads. It seems to work very well for them.

Also, while I haven't actually seen the look in person, it seems like attaching synthetic dreads to the ends of real dreads would have a high probability of looking like one is trying to hide something... if that makes sense. Like the person doesn't want you to know the real length of their dreads so they are trying to fake it. I could be wrong. I just don't see how it would be very easy to get the synthetic hair to look like real hair on the same dreadlock. Of course, if you have blue dreads and want to add pink to the end for length that might look really cool. But matching blondes or browns might be a bit more difficult.

Real hair and synthetic dreads side-by-side seem to work fine together. In fact, I'm always surprised at how many people assume the dreads are natural. I'd love to find out how you proceed and what you found to work for best.

Either way, we would be happy to make the dreads for you. Just let us know what you need.

All the best!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment