Get Your LiLash!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Attaching Dreads to Short Hair

attaching dreadlocksMy hair is black but I don't have the slightest clue how to lock my hair it is soooo short.

Hi again, Harley!

Do you want to dread your real hair?

I've never had 'real' natural hair dreadlocks and with how thin my hair is it probably wouldn't look very good unless I added some synthetic dreads into the mix. Therefore, I don't know anything about starting new 'real' deads from hair already attached on the head.


We create custom wool and synthetic dreadlocks only.

Our dreads can be put in and taken out on a daily basis or they can be be attached to be semi-permanent lasting anywhere for approximately 1-2 months depending on hair thickness and growth.


My hair is thin so as it grows out and the dread starts pulling at the root of my scalp it hurts and I get headaches if I've left the dreads in for more than a month.


On the other hand, my daughter has really thick hair, so no matter how long her roots get it never feels like it individual hairs are pulling on the scalp. Therefore, she tends to reattach her dreadlocks every 6-8 weeks because by then the root hair is long enough to wear the dreadlocks don't hang right anymore.

Are you asking how long your hair must be before you can attach synthetic Dreadlocksdreadlocks?
I've dreaded my hair when it was three inches long. It's easier to attach the dreadlocks to hair that is at least 4" but not necessary to wait until the hair grows out to that length.

A bad haircut can make waiting until hair is four inches long feel like an eternity. :-)

Well, I'm not sure what your question is but I've tried to answer it to the best of my ability. It would help if you were a little more clear in what you are looking for (advice for making real dreads, how to attach synthetic dreads, how long hair needs to be before dreads can be attached to short hair, etc?).

Note: I don't know what 'lock my hair' means but it really sounds like your hair is going to the slammer! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment